If you’re a landlord who is happy to manage your own property, Abode Living’s Tenant Finding service is what you need. This means you will deal directly with the tenants, you are their first point of contact if there are any maintenance or rent payment issues, and you have to conduct your own inspections, inventories, correct handling of the deposit, call outs and other landlord duties.
With this service, we take care of advertising to the professional and student tenant markets, carrying out accompanied viewings, providing a free two page brochure to the tenants, setting up the legal tenancy agreement between tenant and landlord and carrying out reference checks of tenants and guarantors where necessary.
The tenants pay the rent direct to you and report all maintenance issues to you.
At the end of the tenancy, we can renew the existing tenant or remarket the property, or you can choose to handle the process. We’ll contact you at the relevant time to discuss this.
Our service includes:
- Professional photography and marketing copy for advertisements.
- Marketing on major property portals including On The Market, Zoopla, and our website and occasional campaigns on social media platforms,
- Arranging and accompanying all viewings, informing current tenants of viewings.
- TO LET board displayed at the property, if possible (area & lease dependant).
- Full reference checks on prospective tenants (and guarantors), and preparation of Deed of Guarantee where necessary.
- Signed legally binding Tenancy Agreement (Assured Shorthold).
- Collection of first month’s rent.
- Key handover to the tenants.
- Detailed paperwork and financial statement of account prepared for the landlord for tax return.
Cost: 80% of the first month’s rent plus VAT, deducted from the first month’s rent subject to a minimum fee of £495+VAT.