If you’re a landlord who is happy to manage your own property, abode living’s tenant finding service is what you need. This means you will deal directly with the tenants, you are their first point of contact if there are any maintenance or rent payment issues, and you have to conduct your own inspections, inventories, correct handling of the deposit, call outs and other landlord duties.
With this service, we take care of advertising to the professional and student tenant markets, doing accompanied viewings, providing a free two page brochure to the tenants, setting up the legal agreement between tenant and landlord and carrying out reference checks of tenants and guarantors where necessary. We’re also always at the end of a phone or an email to give you advice and help.
The tenants pay the rent direct to you and report all maintenance issues to you. Although we take the deposit for the tenancy, you need to secure it with a government-approved tenancy deposit protection scheme (we can supply details).
At the end of the tenancy, we can renew the existing tenant or remarket the property, or you can choose to handle the process. We’ll contact you at the relevant time to discuss this.
Our service includes:
- Professional wide-angle photography and marketing copy for advertisements
- Marketing on major property portals including Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation and our website and occasional campaigns on social media platforms (Facebook & Twitter)
- Arranging and accompanying all viewings, informing current tenants of viewings, pick up & drop-off service
- RENT board displayed at the property, if possible (area & lease dependant)
- Full reference checks on prospective tenants (and guarantors), and preparation of Deed of Guarantee where necessary
- Signed legally binding Tenancy Agreement (Assured Shorthold or Licence)
- Collection of first month’s rent and deposit, and setting up standing orders for future rent payments
- Key handover to the tenants, plus inventory (prepared by the landlord)
- Registration with authorities & utility companies (Council, Gas, Electricity and Water)
- Negotiation of tenancy renewals & extensions
- Detailed paperwork and financial statement of account prepared for the landlord for tax return
Cost: 50% of the first month’s rent plus VAT, deducted from the first month’s rent subject to a minimum fee of £295+VAT.