We talk about things that matter, to people who care.Abode Living Team
Since the opening of the Newcastle branch 10 years ago, Abode living has been built on a foundation of strong trusting relationships with local clients just like you. From humble beginnings, we grew steadily without Radio, TV, or local newspaper advertising, and our customers have grown to Corporate clients such as Nissan, ITV and NHS. We are proud members of the Client Money Protect National Approved Letting, including Client Money protection and Ombudsman for Property and the property redress scheme which means we conduct ourselves in a manner which meets the professional standards in estate agency.
By the end of 2013 the timing was right to give ourselves some breathing space and move into a large 3 storey corner office on a popular Newcastle High Street.
We are a traditional local business with powerful technology behind us, and a tightly knit team who work together to achieve the right result for you.
- A holding deposit (equal to one weeks rent is payable upon the start of the application (refundable or to be used towards the first months rent with the applicants agreement).
- Deposit – maximum of 5 weeks rent (6 weeks rent where the annual rent is greater than £50,000).
- Late payment of rent (after 14 days) – 3% above the Bank of England base rate at the time (of the monthly rent).
- Lost keys/security devices during office hours – cost of the supply and fitting of new locks and keys.
- Lost keys/security devices out of office hours – cost of the supply and fitting of new locks and keys.
- Failure to keep appointments E.g. CP12 etc (Unless cancelled within 12 hours) – reasonable costs charged by the contractor/agents time up to £50.00
- Change of sharer – £50.00
- Surrender of tenancy – Leaving early is a breach of the tenancy and you agree to pay the landlord fee for re letting (80% of a months rent), plus rent due until a suitable new tenant moves in, this will be claimed from the deposit if necessary.
- Novation of contract – £50.00
- Where rent has been overpaid during the tenancy and we incur administration costs in dealing with its calculation and repayment, a fee of £25.00 will be charged. This would be in breach of the terms in the tenancy as the amount of rent to be paid is explained in the contract.
- Returned cheque from bank – £20.00
- Copies of tenancy agreement – £1 for the first page / 25p for each additional page thereafter.
- References for immigration purposes – £25
- Damage to the property caused by tenant neglect or neglect of persons invited to the property by the tenant, you agree to pay the bill from the contractor.
- You will be responsible for any reasonable call outs charges if you wrongfully as for a contractor to come to the property, and his is due to incorrect information or against one of our agent’s advice.
- We can claim against the deposit for any of the above charges.
- Pets may be accepted by the landlord on a case by case basis and will be an increase of £30.00 pcm over the advertised rental amount if accepted in the property.